- About Us
- Upcoming Events
- Monthly Calendar
- Curriculum Overview
- Parents Information
- Contact Us
- Positive Behavior Support Corner
10 Tips for Stress-Less Parenting
1. Take time to do something for yourself each day. Exercise, stretching, and reading are some proven ways to reduce stress.
2. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, arrange for some outside help so you can manage all aspects of your life more effectively.
3. Keep your sense of humor when things don’t go as planned. No one is a perfect parent – or a perfect child.
4. Accept that children sometimes make mistakes, are inconsistent, and act thoughtlessly – this is part of being a child.
5. Count to 10 before you react when you are angry.
6. Ease tension with a human touch – share a hug, hold hands, or give a pat on the back.
7. Listen to your child and show you value your conversations. Good communication can prevent conflict and stress.
8. Schedule in family fun and fitness. Laughter and physical activity are great stress reducers.
9. Talk with friends about your parenting concerns. Also share your reflections on the joys of parenting.
10. Learn how children mature so your expectations for your child’s behavior are realistic.
These tips are brought to you from the Children’s Board Hillsborough County
February 15- Scholastic Book order due
February 23- SHUMPS close @ 11:30
*Kartwheelkids gymnastic class every Thursday afternoon
* Soccer Shots every Friday morning